2.11.07

A Shirt of mine.

After a long day I come home and go to were I am in solitude
This solitude is not brought on by myself but rather the ones around me
I put myself in this place expecting the worst things in the world
But all I get is my feelings either lifted up or destroyed
However that either extreme may happen
I know one thing
My shirts will be with me were ever i go
I have a special shirt that is from experiences of old
It is maroon with white letters across the chest
The letters seem tattered now worn with 3 months of age
They read Camp Tejas.
This camp is were I sweated in this shirt under the summer sun
this camp is were i became closer to my king ,and to his son
The thought of Tejas brings me out of my solitude
for I have friends there that I can go back to
I text them or call them up upon thinking about the shirt
and quote scripture that I haven't said in a while
like Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God
After the talks I have with my friends I go back to solitude
but this time I think it isn't so bad as long as I have this shirt with me
wherever I go.

No comments: