23.1.08

Suicide.

I allways thought that people who commit suicide
are escaping their life

Then i realized that we all commit suicide some times
with what we do how we act how we are ourselfs

The question I present
the question that is muttered

would be who is suicidal the one with the
kinfe in his hand
or the one with the words that continue
to kill those who cut..

Cut God from their own mind with their own decision
Cut popularity into their selfs with their own persistants
Cut things that are hateful into their own being!!


We all are suicidal except in different ways

I commit suicide everyday by giving up myself
or at least I try to remember it

For suicide is what Christ ultimately committed
on the cross the morbid thought of a cross
that now has become so much different
in our deprived undermined society
that we claim to be great..

I ask you reader when is the last time your
actions affected someone who committed suicide
of them self?

WHEN is the last time it happened to you?

3 comments:

jem said...

Wow. Thought provoking.

Amy said...

Hey Stephen,
I'm glad you've found my blog so inspiring. You asked where you can find "poetry like that." Usually going to poets.org and clicking around leads me to some gems. You should definitely read everything you can find by Billy Collins.

Also, Robert Bly started this awesome "poem a day" movement, and his site's got some great ones (check out "Ladies and Gentlemen in Outer Space," "Sidekicks," and "Kyrie")
http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/p180-list.html

Cheers!
Amy

Anonymous said...

You should run into a knife.